Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Do you Remember?

Think back to those first few days, weeks and months after your child was diagnosed with diabetes. Remember the pain? The fear? The uncertainty? Feeling like your whole world was turned upside down and you had no idea how to make it right again?

I remember the feelings of loneliness and isolation. Like nobody understood what I was going through.

And then I started a blog.

And then I met so many wonderful people that are part of the D-community on-line. I don't know where I would be without you.

That's why I want to introduce you to Laura. Her son was diagnosed in September at the age of 14 months. She lives in my area and just found my blog. And I am so glad she did.

Could you do me a favour and head over to her blog (just click on her name) to offer some words of support and encouragement?

You guys are wonderful.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely. This support is so needed. It is vital to me. It can be so scary, it's nice to know people who "get it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm in friend! Nothing has helped me more than this community...the more the merrier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy to hear that you found someone that lives in your area with a little one with T1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this post. I have been in tears all day - reading through all of the comments left for me and then going to their blogs to read a bit about them.

    What an amazing community!

    Today I feel blessed to have found this community of people just like me. I cannot tell you how much it means to me.

    Thank you - Thank you - Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Comment moderation now in effect because of jerky comment spammers.

Now please leave your message after the beep.

Beep.